CATENA MEDIA PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
- What Personal Data do we process?
- What do we use your Personal Data for and when do we process you Personal Data?
- Who do we share your Personal Data with?
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- What are your rights?
- Links to Third Party Sites
- California privacy rights
- Do-Not-Track Policy
- Updates to This Policy
- How to contact us
2. What do we use your Personal Data for and when do we process your Personal Data?We use Personal Data collected through the Site for the purposes described in this Policy and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information we collect to:
- Requests and Inquiries: We may use your Personal Data to process, evaluate, and respond to your requests or inquiries. For example, if you request certain information from us, we will use your Personal Data to process and respond to your request.
- Manage Our Relationship with You: We may use your Personal Data to send you information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, such as information about changes to our terms, conditions, policies, and other administrative information.
- Internal Business Purposes: We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us operate, evaluate, and improve the quality of the Site, to better understand the individuals that use the Site, and to generally manage our business.
- Legal Requirements: We may use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
3. Who do we share your Personal Data with?We may share your Personal Data only as described in this Policy or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we may share your Personal Data with the following:
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Data with our affiliates for purposes consistent with this Policy.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Data with individuals or companies that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer your Personal Data in the event of a business sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, liquidation, or reorganization. We may also disclose your Personal Data in the course of due diligence of such a transaction.
- Legal Requirements: We disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) to comply with applicable law or legal process; (ii) to respond to requests from government authorities; (iii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iv) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (v) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vi) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
4. How long do we keep your personal data?We will retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in Section 2 of this Policy. We maintain a data retention policy for personal data in our care. Where your personal data is no longer required we will delete it or anonymize it.
7. ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personal data through the Site represents to us that he or she is 18 years of age or older. If we learn personal data has been collected from a user under 18 years of age on or through the Site, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted.
8. California privacy rightsCalifornia Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of the Personal Data that were shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personal Data in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy team as listed below.
9. Do-Not-Track PolicyMost web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Site currently does not respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
10. Updates to This PolicyThe business and operations of Catena Media may change from time to time. As a result, at times it may be necessary for us to make changes to this Policy to reflect changes in the law, our data handling practices, or the features of our Site. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to update or modify this Policy at any time. Modifications to this Policy will be posted on the Site and the new Effective Date will be displayed at the top of this Policy. Where required by applicable law, we will apply changes only with your consent. Please review this Policy periodically, and especially before you provide any Personal Data.
11. How to contact usIf you have any questions regarding this Policy or the use of your Personal Data under this Policy, you can contact us at: Catena Operations Ltd. Attention: Data Protection Officer Quantum Place Triq ix-Xatt Gzira, GZR 1052 Malta Email: [email protected]
- Necessary: We use certain cookies because they are strictly necessary in order for the Site and its functions to work properly. These cookies are automatically placed on your computer or device when you access the Site or a certain function, unless you have set your browser to reject cookies.